*To all of my customers: As many of you may have noticed, there has been confusion at the store for the last few months. To clarify, we have endured seemingly endless computer/software issues that have not been resolved. These issues have complicated our sales, inventory, ordering, and even our ability to continue both EBT and other discount programs.
Due to these issues, I have decided to close the business by December 31st, 2023.
In saying this, I do not want to leave you without access to me. I am giving my cell phone# to customers that are interested. I am planning to continue consultations, foot baths, homeopathic remedies, Natural Hope herbal remedies, Vital Earth Multi, cod liver oil, probiotic, barley flakes, and a limited supply of supplements.
We will take our vision to help others and each other with us at this time of transition.
My new address for Health Matters ll is 3546 S. Otter Creek Rd. LaSalle; contact (734)755-4213.
If you choose to reach out, please include your name. Moving forward, I prefer texting.
For the remainder of the year, we are offering discounts; October 20% off, November 30% off, December 50% off. Look for Super Sale in January to sell remainder of displays, household items, office supplies etc.
I value the connection my employees have with customers, and so I want to also let you know
that Jill is moving on to a full-time job. She will be missed.
I changed the hours to Monday-Friday 9:30-4:30 and Saturdays 10:00-2:00pm
I wish you all a Healthy & Blessed life.
Natural Health Consultations with Maurine-Mini food sensitivity $15.00; ½ hour $30.00;
1 hour $50.00-Call 734-240-2786 to make appointment
Ionic Foot Bath: Available by appointment-1/2 hour $35.00; 1 hour $50.00
Purchase 5-foot baths get the next one free 👣
Orders due Oct 25, Nov 8, Dec 20, via email by noon ; Pickup Oct 27, Nov 10, Dec 22.
Yoga with Shannon: Saturday sessions Christ Lutheran Church 8:30-9:30 AM
Yoga with Teisha: See calendar
Health Matters II is located at 3546 S. Otter Creek Rd. LaSalle Michigan
Upcoming Spring Classes:
Homeopathy for Families (dates to be determined )Health Matters II
Homemade Herbal (date to be determined) Health Matters II
Women Helping Women group to start in March 2024!
Healthy Happenings: Reducing Inflammation
Inflammation may follow many current health issues, including arthritis, autoimmune issues, heart disease, allergies, asthma, psoriasis, and inflammatory bowel disease. If you are wondering how to check for inflammation in your system request a blood test for C-Reactive protein (normal is below 0.5) from your physician or you can use Directlabs.com for a direct and low-cost test. For more information on any health topic check www.draxe.com. Dr Axe has wonderful easy to understand suggestions for a multitude of health concerns.
- Eliminate unhealthy fats- like hydrogenated seed oils and partially hydrogenated oil like margarine and Crisco. Industrial seed oils to be reduced as much as possible; soy (also genetically modified), canola, corn, cottonseed, sunflower, safflower, grapeseed, and rice bran.
- I use lard, bacon grease, grass fed butter, tallow, coconut oil and organic avocado oil.
- Eat a diet that is high in fiber and not tainted with chemicals, which stress the body. Maximize intake of fresh organic/local fruits, seeds, nuts, and whole grains
- Eat cold water fish like salmon, halibut, and tongol tuna two to three times a week. The omega 3 oils in these fish are beneficial to the joints and acts as natural anti-inflammatories.
- Avoid fried foods, food dyes, and refined sugar. These “foods” make the body more acidic. Acid in the body promotes inflammation, which worsens symptoms and increase pain.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine, which also creates acid in the body.
- Flush out toxins with pure filtered water. I drink Way Back Water twice a day to super hydrate my body. I will have the Way Back Water concentrate available at Health Matters ll.
Nutritional Supplements :
- To correct possible nutritional deficiencies, take a food based multivitamin twice per day with meals.
- Essential fatty acids found in freshly ground flaxseeds, borage, or evening primrose oil.
- Vitamin C has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Natural vitamin E helps to clean up free radicals and may fight inflammation.
- Glucosamine Sulfate/chondroitin sulfate have been shown to be as good as or better than non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
- Hyaluronic Acid is used as a lubricant for the joints.
Herbal Remedies :
- Cod liver oil is my number one supplement for inflammation. Cod liver oil is superior in the amount of EPA & DHA it also contains vitamin A and vitamin D in the right ratio. I like it because it is good for the brain, joints health, heart health, and even skin health.
- CBD oil and balm is used to relieve pain and reduce inflammation used for inflammatory conditions such as arthritis, tendonitis, bursitis, and repetitive motion injuries.
- Devil’s claw and Ginger are potent anti-inflammatory, an herb root that is essentially devoid of the sided effects common to prescription and over the counter NSAIDs.
- Turmeric reduces inflammation of arthritis, IBS, and postsurgical inflammation ok
- Nettle root has been found to suppress inflammation, used often for gout.
- Arnica is a remedy for trauma, bruising, or pain
- Arnica gel is a natural anti-inflammatory agent, mild pain reliever, arthritis, and improves circulation.
- Rhus Tox made from the poison ivy plant, and is used to relieve pain in joints.
Maurine is happy to provide her opinion on diet and nutrition, supplements, and lifestyle choices. This information is for educational purposes only. It is not meant to replace the advice of your physician and is not to be considered medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Should you have any concerns please contact your physician directly. As always, contact your pharmacist regarding any potential vitamin/drug interactions. Notify physician regarding any alternative remedies.
or call 1-269-476-8883
- Bridge Cards accepted at the store.
- Local Delivery to shut-ins available
- Maurine’s availability is limited, please call if you are interested in seeing her.
- Family Discount Day: Every Wednesday get 5% off entire order
- Free Muscle Testing
- Infrared Sauna available by appointment only; 1/2 hour $30.00; 1 hour $50.00
- Ionic Foot Bath available by appointment only; 1/2 hour $35.00; 1 hour $50.00
Lending Library featuring health and wellness summits and books (contact Maurine for a list of summits)
Words to Live By: “Lord, make me an instrument of your peace, where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there in injury, pardon, where there is doubt, FAITH.” -St Francis of Assisi
Recipe: Maurine’s Healthy Hot Chocolate
½ cup powdered cacao
4 Tbs Sucanat;
½ tsp Celtic sea salt. (I use 2 tsps)
1 cup of natural milk
Instructions: Heat on the stovetop.
*I also make my own mocha by mixing 2 teaspoons into hot organic coffee, 2-3 tablespoons calder whipping cream and chocolate stevia drops to taste.
Maurine’s New Yogurt from Dr. Axe
6 ounces cream on the top plain yogurt
2 tablespoons grain free granola
2 tablespoons crispy walnuts or nut of your choice
1 teaspoon ground flax
1 teaspoon cacao nibs
Contact Health Matters Herbs & More
Store Phone 734-240-2786 www.monroehealthmatters.com