Christmas Week Dec 20-31; 5% off all week, giveaways, and drawing for two $25.00 gift certificates
New Opportunity brought to you by Health Matters
The Wellness Loft is open for massage, energy treatments, infrared sauna, etc. by appointment.
Gift Certificates for Health Matters and the Wellness Loft are available for purchase
Natural Health Consultations with Maurine-Mini food sensitivity $15.00; ½ hour $30.00; 1 hour $50.00
Call 734-240-2786 to make appointment
Ionic Foot Bath: Available by appointment-1/2 hour $35.00; 1 hour $50.00
With purchase of 5-foot baths get the next one free.
Orders due via email Jan 5, Feb 2, March 2, Dec 8, by noon; Pickup Jan 7, Feb 4, March 4.
First Friday Downtown Monroe Bonus Discount Day 5% off for First Friday
Yoga with Shannon: Saturday sessions Christ Lutheran Church 9:00-10:00 AM
Yoga with Jacqui The Wellness Loft Saturdays 10:00; Tuesdays 6:30
Vitamins 101 Class with Maurine: Thursday January 13 5:30-6:30 Health Matters
Movie Night with Maurine- Showing 1986 THE ACT by Andy Wakefield: February 15 5:30-7:00
Healthy Happenings: Healthy Hydration
It seems like we are still living through challenging times. No matter what you and your family decide to do about this problem, know we are here for you. Full disclosure; my husband and I had COVID in October. We are recovering nicely. We followed recommendations from several knowledgeable physicians (I have copies of their protocol). We were pretty sick for about 10 days. However, we still have lingering after effects that I pray will disappear soon. I am very grateful for the long-term immunity we have developed.
One of the best ways to minimize the symptoms is to detox your body using ground flax, infrared sauna, ionic foot bath, and (of course) flush out the toxins with quality water. I have been using our Aquasauna double carbon filter for several years, but learned this year the filter was still allowing some toxins and chemicals to affect my hydration. I tested my system this year using the Zyto scan at Dr. Crowley’s office. It was very informative, and I have now switched to Absopure water. I can show you the test results if you are interested. I have been using Way Back Water for over 10 years to super-hydrate my body. We also need quality salt to keep ourselves alkaline and our cells well nourished. I prefer Celtic Sea salt ¼ to ½ teaspoon daily. We can test for dosages. One of the causes of illness is dehydration.
Signs of Dehydration:
- Headaches, Sluggish mental function, Elevated Blood Pressure,Increased Acidity, Psoriasis, Dry skin, Hunger, Depression, Angina, Asthma Heartburn/Acid reflux, Slow healing of injuries, Frequent infections
- A 2% loss of water in children causes 20% reduction in mental and physical activity. I am sure is also affects adult in a similar manor.
v Causes of Dehydration:
1. Over consumption of table salt and packaged foods
2. Certain medications i.e., Cancer, medications for heart disease or hormonal disorders, over-the-counter diuretics, antibiotics or corticosteroid hormones
3. Digestive issues the block normal absorption of nutrients from foods.
4. Heavy sweating due to exercise or people that work in areas that requires high physical activity
v Remedies for Dehydration:
**** My number one practice is to consume 24-48 ounces of Way Back Water daily. Use 1 tablespoon in one gallon of pure water-I like Absopure.
1. Drink enough water daily. The recommendation is 1 oz of water for every 2 pounds of body weight. My trick is to consume a few ounces of filtered water every time I urinate.
2. Consuming excessive amounts of caffeine from coffee, tea, and energy drinks over 360 mg.
v Hydrating Foods:
· Best Sources: Coconut water, celery, melons, cucumbers, kiwi, bell peppers, citrus fruits, carrots, cultured dairy foods (including plain yogurt, kefir, and pineapple)
· Good Sources: Grapes, papaya, lettuce, berries, avocado, zucchini, tomatoes, and radishes
· Kombucha can be hydrating if you limit the sugar content
Maurine is happy to provide her opinion on diet and nutrition, supplements and lifestyle choices. This information is for educational purposes only. It is not meant to replace the advice of your physician and is not to be considered medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Should you have any concerns please contact your physician directly. As always, contact your pharmacist regarding any potential vitamin/drug interactions. Notify physician regarding any alternative remedies.
or call 1-269-476-8883
- Bridge Cards accepted at the store.
- Local Delivery to shut-ins available
- Maurine’s availability is limited, please call if you are interested in seeing her.
- Family Discount Day: Every Wednesday get 5% off entire order.
- Free Muscle Testing
- Ionic Foot Bath available by appointment only; 1/2 hour $35.00; 1 hour $50.00
- Lending Library featuring health and wellness summits and books (contact Maurine for a list of summits)
Words to Live By: “The rain water (and snow) enlivens all living beings of the earth both movable (insects, animals, humans and so on), and immovable (plants, trees and so on)’ and then returns to the ocean, its value multiplies a millionfold.” -Chanakya (350-275 BC), India
Homemade Electrolyte Drink Cough Syrup
1 quart filtered water 1 Tbs raw apple cider vinegar
2-3 lemons juiced 1 Tbs raw honey
1/3 cup raw honey ¼ tsp ground ginger
½ teaspoon Celtic Sea salt ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
Heat ½ cup water to warm, place in bottom 2 Tbs filtered water
of quart jar, add honey and sea salt. Stir Mix together. Take 1 tablespoon 2-3 times a day
until dissolved. Add lemon juice and remaining
water. Stir to combine. Store in refrigerator.
Lung Tonic Tea Blend -all are available in bulk
1 tsp thyme or oregano 1 tsp marshmallow root
1 tsp licorice root or fennel seed 1 tsp mullein leaf
1 tsp peppermint leaf 1 tsp plantain leaf
Steep herbs in 12-16 ounces of hot water for 15 minutes or longer. Inhale the steam as it steeps.) Strain and sweeten with raw honey.