19th Anniversary week April 10th-15th
Giveaways, 10% off purchases, drawing for $20.00 gift certificates.
*WANTED massage therapist, reflexology, energy practitioners for our Wellness Loft*
The Wellness Loft is open for yoga, massage, energy treatments, infrared sauna, etc. by appointment.
Gift Certificates for Health Matters and the Wellness Loft are available for purchase
Natural Health Consultations with Maurine-
Mini food sensitivity $15.00; ½ hour $30.00;1 hour $50.00
Call 734-240-2786 to make appointment
Ionic Foot Bath: Available by appointment-1/2 hour $35.00; 1 hour $50.00
Purchase 5-foot baths get the next one free 👣
Orders due Jan 18, Feb 15, March 15 via email by noon;
Pickup Jan 20, Feb 17, March 17
First Friday Downtown Monroe Bonus Discount Day
5% off for First Friday
Yoga with Shannon: Saturday Sessions
Christ Lutheran Church 8:30-9:30 AM
Yoga with Jacqui: The Wellness Loft Saturdays 10:00;
Yoga with Teisha: Mon, Wed, Friday- See calendar
Homeopathy for Families May 11, May 18, May 25 5:30-6:30pm at Health Matters II
Homemade Herbal June 8 5:30-6:30pm at Health Matters II
Health Matters II is located at 3546 S. Otter Creek Rd. LaSalle Michigan
Healthy Happenings: Digestive Wellness Part 2 Dr. Axe
❖ Supplements :
1. Coconut oil contains antimicrobial properties. The combination of lauric acid and caprylic acid found in coconut oil, kills off harmful bacteria both trough ingestions and topical applications.
2. Vitamin C helps boost the adrenal glands and helps to restore your immune system. Dr. Axe recommends 2,000-3,000 mg daily.
1. Broad-spectrum antibiotic use. These antibiotics are used to fight stubborn infections. They also deplete the good bacteria in our
intestines that are needed to keep our immune system strong;
2. Birth control pills: They are not directly responsible for the yeast overgrowth. However, when women taking oral contraception consume a large amounts of refined sugars, and combined a course of antibiotics the candida yeast can flourish.
3. Steroids: When taken as an inhalant the steroids can cause thrush in the mouth. Dr. Axe suggests treating this condition with coconut oil with 1-2 drops of clove essential oil.
1. Option One: Liquids only for 1-2 day. Start by making a vegetable broth. Let simmer then strain out vegetables. Discard vegetables and refrigerate the broth.
2. Option two: Steamed vegetables for 3-5 days.
3. Dr. Axe recommends eating a salad made from romaine lettuce or bitter greens like chard, topped with coconut oil and apple cider vinegar or fresh squeezed lemon juice.
4. Dr. Axe also recommends taking bentonite clay daily to help surround the toxins and efficiently remove them from your system.
❖ Follow a Candida Diet:
- To boost your immune system eliminate sugar, alcohol and refined carbohydrates. These items are contributing to the growth of candida in your system.
- Replace these foods with organic vegetables, including carrots, sweet potatoes, spinach, kale and asparagus.
- Add cultured whole fat dairy, preferably goat milk kefir. Probiotic foods like kimchi and sauerkraut. Unsweetened cranberry juice they create and acidic environment that makes it difficult to candida to thrive.
*** When followed the candida diet helps to provide beneficial bacteria, regulate appetite, and reduce your cravings for refined carbohydrates and sugar***
- Milk Thistle supplements helps to cleanse the your liver from prescription medications (steroids, birth control, antibiotics, as well as others) environmental pollution, heavy metals, and the remnants from chemotherapy and radiation.
- Caprylic acid which is derived from coconut oil.
❖Essential Oils :
1. Clove oil, oregano oil, and myrrh oil helps to kill a variety of parasites and fungi (including candida).
2. Lavender oil inhibits the growth of candida and is effective a preventing the spread of the infection
- For oral thrush mix one tablespoon coconut oil with 3 drops of clove oil and swish in the mouth for 20 minutes, then spit out in trash can. Clove oil is not to be taken by children under 2 years of age.
*** Rapid killing off of candida can create a metabolic reaction that releases over 70 different toxins into the body. This is known as a Herxheimer reaction. I warn customers about this problem that can make you feel like you have a really tough flu. This usually resolves in seven to ten days.
Maurine is happy to provide her opinion on diet and nutrition, supplements, and lifestyle choices. This information is for educational purposes only. It is not meant to replace the advice of your physician and is not to be considered medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Should you have any concerns please contact your physician directly. As always, contact your pharmacist regarding any potential vitamin/drug interactions. Notify physician regarding any alternative remedies.
or call 1-269-476-8883
Bridge Cards accepted at the store.
Local Delivery to shut-ins available
Maurine’s availability is limited, please call if you are interested in seeing her.
Family Discount Day: Every Wednesday get 5% off entire order.
Free Muscle Testing
Infrared Sauna available by appointment only; 1/2 hour $30.00; 1 hour $50.00
Ionic Foot Bath available by appointment only; 1/2 hour $35.00; 1 hour $50.00
Lending Library featuring health and wellness summits and books (contact Maurine for a list of summits)
Due to the price increases of our bulk food items, we have decided to purchase many of our bulk items from the Amish in Berlin Ohio to keep our costs to you as reasonable as possible.
Words to Live By: "Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be”
Remember God has you.
Recipe: Grain Free Granola from Keto Diet by Dr. Axe
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 cup raw sliced almonds
1 cup raw or crispy walnuts
1 cup raw or crispy pecans
1⁄2 cup raw or crispy pumpkin seeds 1⁄4 cup hempseeds
1 cup cacao nibs
1 teaspoon organic cinnamon or pumpkin pie
1/8 teaspoon Celtic Sea salt
1⁄4 cup coconut oil, melted
3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
* Dr. Axe recommended maple flavored monk fruit
Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients except coconut oil and maple syrup.
- In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, warm and stir the coconut oil. Add the other ingredients and mix well.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and spread mixture onto it.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove and toss around with a spatula.
- Bake for another 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Put into a glass storage container and store in freezer for freshness.
Store Phone 734-240-2786 www.monroehealthmatters.com
Store Hours: Monday –Friday 9:30-4:30; Saturday 9:30-2:30